QUEEN / PRINCESS CONTEST
1. The Queen and Princess Contests are organized each year by the current reigning Queen and Princess with the help of their parents. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Announcing the contest dates and times;
b. Holding a meeting with potential candidates (and their parents) to advise them on requirements of the position;
c. Obtaining qualified judges who meet the approval of the Board of Directors, as well as keeping the judges informed of where and when they are required to perform such duties;
d. Organizing informational packets for judges to accomplish their tasks;
e. Providing contestants with all necessary information regarding competition events, Horsemanship patterns, required ―western-attire‖ for modeling and horsemanship competitions, as well as any other requirements;
f. Proper cleaning and/or replacement of ―Queen and ―Princess sashes and crowns that are to be handed over to the new queen and princess.
2. The Board of Directors’ will oversee all functions being handled by the Queen& Princess (and their parents) during the organizing and putting on of the Queen and Princess Contests. All plans made by the Queen/Princess for the competition must be submitted to the board for approval prior to distributing to any contestant and/or judge.
3. The Queen and Princess are required to be present at all WPYRA functions.
4. The Queen is considered a Youth Officer and is required to attend Board meetings.
5. The Board of Directors’ has the right to remove the current Queen or Princess of her duties, should it be determined that she is not fulfilling her obligation to the Association. In the event that a Queen or Princess is removed of her duties, resigns from her position, or quits the Association, her sash, crown and belt buckle must be turned in to the Board of Directors and the 11ST Runner-up will assume the duties for the remainder of the season.
6. If at any time the Queen or Princess finds that her sash or crown has broken or been damaged, she must immediately report it to the Secretary of the Association so that repairs or replacement can be made.
7. Each year at the Finals Rodeo, the current reigning Queen and Princess will turn their sash and crown into the Secretary of the Association for inspection prior to the sash and crown being turned over to the new Queen and Princess. Should the sash or crown be damaged or broken and not previously reported, the Queen or Princess will be held liable and required to pay for repairs or a replacement.
8. Queen/Princess will be responsible for the following activities:
a. Sell 50/50 tickets at each rodeo. Proceeds from 50/50 is allocated to the Queen/Princess as spending money for contestant activities after a rodeo.
b. Hold a Cowboy Prom Finals Rodeo weekend.
c. Organize/sell/compile the WPYRA Yearbook.
YOU CAN PICK YOUR PACKET UP AT THE REGISTRATION BOOTH DURING SIGN UPS AT THE RODEO